10 TO 12 MONTHS PRIOR
- Discuss the style of the wedding and the budget with your fiancée and ALL parents.
- Interview wedding consultants, advisors and coordinators.
- Speak with all your friends - pick their brains - learn who knows what and who knows who.
- Speak to your clergy - speak with other family members' clergy - ask questions.
- Begin looking for locations - ceremony - rehearsal dinner - reception - other planned events
- Have your planner recommend you caterers, bakers, photographers, florists, videographers, musicians
- By end of Month 12 select three of your key players: planner - location and photographer
- By end of Month 10 select site for the reception and rehearsal dinner
7 TO 9 MONTHS PRIOR
- Select all of your attendants
- Together, begin compiling your guest list.
- Contact and clergy or justice of the peace
- Begin shopping for appropriate clothiers and (ladies) accessorize, accessorize, accessorize, accessorize
- Register with not less than three well known Bridal Registries for gifts.
- Begin looking at honeymoon options with your fiancée - visit a travel agency or professional specializing in leisure travel – if not just stay in Cabo after all this place is beautiful, so why leaving?.
- By the end of Month 9 choose clergy
- By the end of Month 8 decide on a menu.
- By the end of Month 7 schedule engagement photo session
- By the end of Month 7 select and order attendant's apparel.
4 TO 6 MONTHS PRIOR
- Begin review of details with your wedding professional
- Finalize honeymoon plans with fiancée and book with travel agent.
- By end of Month 6 shop for and order invitations and announcements
- Finalize music selection for wedding and reception
- By end of Month 5 book calligrapher (if you are going to use one)
- By end of Month 5 shop and order the men's formal wear
- Book wedding transportation - limousines, horse-drawn carriages, hot air balloons, boat, or whatever
- By end of Month 4 have the rehearsal dinner plans in place (make sure you coordinate this with your fiancée).
2 TO 3 MONTHS PRIOR
- Order the wedding rings!!
- Finish guest list
- Shop till you drop
- Honeymoon Clothes
- Attendants' gifts
- Your gift for your fiancée
- Pre- & post-wedding party clothes you might need
- Finalize catering, bakery, floral arrangements (be a little flexible)
- Finalize arrangements for any rental items you may need
- Candelabra & other silver pieces
- Special decorative screens & archways
- Special lighting (particularly if part of the event will be outside or in an unique area where normal lighting may not be possible)
- Make appointment with your hairdresser (a trial run for next month - also good for your bridal portrait)
- Make appointment with your hairdresser (final)
- Make appointment for your nails (hands and feet)
- Make appointment with a makeup artist for the day of your bridal portrait
4 TO 8 WEEKS PRIOR
- Mail your wedding invitations and send either you preplanned special itinerary for early arriving out-of-town guests or an activity sheet from area chambers-of-commerce
- Final fittings (you and the attendants)
- Plan the bridesmaids' party & confirm the location & instructions
- By Week 6 have bridal portrait taken
- Send local paper and wedding publications your announcement and photograph
- Notes! Notes! Notes! Write Thank You Notes as you receive bridal and wedding gifts
- Reconfirm rehearsal events and rehearsal dinner reservations
- For your own peace of mind personally touch base with every key professional you and/or
- your coordinator have working on all your upcoming events
- Submit request lists to your musicians, photographer and videographer
- Formally invite wedding party and guests to the rehearsal dinner (please keep in mind when having a destination wedding is customary to invite everybody to the rehearsal dinner)
- Confirm all transportation for all events (including honeymoon)
- Address announcements to mail on your wedding day
- Prepare all the necessary forms for name address changes on social security card, credit cards, bank accounts, post office, driver's license, etc.
- Arrange to move belongings to new home
- By the last day of Week 2 plan a day to be alone with your family
1 WEEK PRIOR
- On the very first day of the very last week begin packing for your honeymoon
- Check final details with all your wedding professional - early in the week
- Give (or attend) the Bridesmaids' party
- Create a wedding day schedule with your fiancée
- Reminder Day
- Remind attendants of rehearsal dinner agenda
- Remind fiancée to double check rehearsal dinner plans
- Finish packing for your honeymoon
- Rehearsal Dinner (give wedding day schedule to all)
- Schedule the day prior to the wedding as a free day – to enjoy with your family and friends.